4.11.2011

Andrew had a rough day yesterday

I debated whether or not to update this right now, but decided it was the best way to communicate to our friends. Yesterday afternoon our Andrew started going downhill, such that the doctors discussed "options" with us (those options all have the same outcome). We are praying that the Lord's will be done in the Lord's time. We stayed at the hospital last night to be close in case it was his time, but he re-stabilized and "turned a corner" and today we are seeing incremental improvement again (although he is much sicker than he was yesterday morning before things started deteriorating). The wonderful staff at the NICU up there is helping us prepare with great kindness and sensitivity. We love those nurses and doctors!

We'll ask that no one call or text on the phone, but emails and written comments of your love and support are comforting and appreciated. We feel of your love for us, and we are grateful.

Ethan continues to be a rock-star, and is excelling in every way. Even medically things are very positive, with only a few big hurdles to overcome still.


17 comments:

Stacey said...

My heart is aching for you guys right now. Please know your little family is continually in our thoughts and prayers. Much love!

Camille Herbst said...

We love you guys so much and didn't sleep at all last night. I'm sure you didn't get much either. Thanks for the update. Many prayers are going your way!

Mesia said...

Thanks for your update. We are praying for your sweet family.

Stacie Aho said...

I appreciate the updates. Both boys, especially Andrew, is in my prayers. I hope you can feel Heavenly Father's love wrap around your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your little family!!

Veda said...

Lots of Prayers, Love, & Hugs sent your way!

SeelyFamily said...

Thank you for keeping your blog updated. Your precious family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

Andrea said...

I think about you every day and wish I was closer to help somehow. Just know that I am praying for your little family. Thank you for the updates.

Heather Edwards said...

We are keeping you in our prayers.

Cambric said...

thoughts, prayers and loves to you all. they are adorable precious little boys and i wish the best for them. stay strong. it will be ok. hugs! xoxo!

angelabvilla said...

We love you Emily. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Haiku Amy said...

Lots of prayers coming your way! I hope things go well with your boys. We love you!

Camille said...

We're thinking of you! We're hoping for the best for little Andrew. You all are in our prayers.

Alicia S said...

We are so impressed with your continued ability to have faith and trust in the Lord with every challenge! Your examples are inspiring. We are hoping and praying for the best.

Candice.kulbeth@gmail.com said...

I am praying for you and your babies. Unfortunately, I know how heartbreaking this is, but I also know the love and kindness of the Savior. I have faith that His will will be done, and you will be given what you need to endure the trials. I am so, so sorry this is happening.

malia said...

you're in our thoughts and prayers too. love you guys!

Royce and Annika said...

We love you guys! We're praying for you and your sweet boys.