This year though was the one year, in I don't know how long, that I didn't do a bracket because of the craziness of life. Stephen and I did watch a few games most of which were awesome upsets. But other than that we didn't really follow the teams.
Well of course...of all the years not to follow, the NCAA final four tournament was coming to Dallas. It was a huge deal here. They had free concerts every afternoon and evening with all sorts of events and activities going on all around the DFW area.
{insert a little sidenote}
....so my cousin who has made basketball his life and played 10 years of professional basketball internationally, just retired and has been an assistant coach at the U of U. He of course was in town the week for the big tournament doing some networking...
The night of the game I get a random text out of the blue from my cousin telling me that he had four free tickets to the final NCAA game that he didn't know what to do with. I seriously couldn't believe it. Stephen was working from home and I ran upstairs to tell him. He was dying and we quickly accepted, found a last minute babysitter and recruited our friends the Bronson's that live down the street from us to go. We hopped into the car and headed over the AT&T stadium in Arlington where the Dallas Cowboy's play.
It was an awesome game! The seats were amazingly close and maybe because it was so last minute that we sat there the whole time in awe and amazement. I kept thinking to myself...."I really can't believe I'm actually here!" It was fun to see all the famous people they'd flash up on the big jumbo tron who were attending the game. (And I'm not joking when I say "Jumbo" the thing was probably bigger than my own house.) And only in Texas would you hear the loudest cheers of all when they flashed former President George W. Bush and then almost dead silence when they flipped over and showed former president Bill Clinton. It was pretty hilarious.
We enjoyed a great night of basketball and what a memorable and once-in-a-lifetime spur of the moment date night. Thanks so much Chris!
The night of the game I get a random text out of the blue from my cousin telling me that he had four free tickets to the final NCAA game that he didn't know what to do with. I seriously couldn't believe it. Stephen was working from home and I ran upstairs to tell him. He was dying and we quickly accepted, found a last minute babysitter and recruited our friends the Bronson's that live down the street from us to go. We hopped into the car and headed over the AT&T stadium in Arlington where the Dallas Cowboy's play.
It was an awesome game! The seats were amazingly close and maybe because it was so last minute that we sat there the whole time in awe and amazement. I kept thinking to myself...."I really can't believe I'm actually here!" It was fun to see all the famous people they'd flash up on the big jumbo tron who were attending the game. (And I'm not joking when I say "Jumbo" the thing was probably bigger than my own house.) And only in Texas would you hear the loudest cheers of all when they flashed former President George W. Bush and then almost dead silence when they flipped over and showed former president Bill Clinton. It was pretty hilarious.
We enjoyed a great night of basketball and what a memorable and once-in-a-lifetime spur of the moment date night. Thanks so much Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment