5.12.2014

Easter Weekend


We had a wonderful Easter this year in the Holden household! It was really fun to teach Andrew a few of the basics of what Easter really means. I'm not sure how much he understood, but we enjoyed talking about it around our house during family nights throughout the month and watching the incredible Easter videos. I love when Easter is a little bit later. I feel like I'm able to get into all the celebrations just a little bit more. 

Here's how we enjoyed the Easter weekend! 

Of course we LOVED getting an Easter package in the mail from Grandma Lyn & Grandpa Jerry. As soon as Andrew saw a few eggs...he cracked them right open to find their "surprise". Each time with an audible gasp and then devoured the candy with in seconds.


We had talked a little bit about the Easter bunny, but one day while at the mall. We walked right by this. I bent over and looked at Andrew and asked him if he knew who it was. Of course he replied the Easter Bunny! There was no wait and so I figured why not.... I went over and he was very excited to go say hello and even sit on his lap. I was kind of surprise considering he did not want anything to do with Santa. So I lifted him up and turned around to snap a picture. Then all of the sudden I heard a high-pitch scream. No cries, no whimpers, no fussing....just screaming at the top of his lungs. So that ended about as fast as it started. Oh well. It was worth a try. This picture is worth a thousand words.



We had the Easter bunny come visit our house and hide eggs on Saturday morning so that we could focus on the true meaning of Easter on Sunday. Andrew knew what to do and LOVED finding where the Easter bunny hid his basket. He loved it and all the fun toys so much, that he was not even interested in hunting for a few eggs.


Later that evening we had a neighbor easter egg  hunt with a few families in our ward. He was really excited to find the eggs, but by the time everyone arrived and the eggs were hid...he was way more interested in just walking around. (This is about how most of the activities seem to go these days. I wasn't surprised at all)





We did end up having him help us find 3 or 4 eggs, but it took a whole bunch of convincing.



Easter Sunday was a nice, quiet and relaxing one, once church was through. We skyped with grandparents, ate a yummy dinner with friends and took a family nap. Couldn't have asked for more.

Here's a few of the family photos all dressed up before church....a true Easter miracle we actually had time to snap a few pictures before we left for 9 am church.



I love this time of year! It truly is one of my favorites. We are so blessed to be able to celebrate and focus our thoughts this time of year on our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Although I won't ever fully understand how, He willingly took upon Himself our sins and sorrows, every sadness, every mistake and every imperfection of every single person. I know that he did. I also know that the tomb in Jerusalem is empty because he lives. It is because of him that I will be able to see my little boy Ethan and loved ones once again.  It is because of him that we can have hope in this life. It is because of Him it's possible that each one of us will be able to live with God again someday. I know that my Redeemer lives!

No comments: