10.19.2012

The Stars at Night are Big and Bright....

Deep in the HEART of Texas!

That's right, I'm truly feelin' like a Texan. Especially after a day at the State Fair of Texas here in Dallas. We had so much fun, were completely exhausted and filled to the brim of all the fried foods we could eat. Warning....picture overload!!! We had lots of fun taking all sorts of pictures....especially of the crazy fried food.

Big Tex...a welcoming face to the State Fair of Texas
Sadly today we found out that this happened to Big Tex....glad we at least got to see him before the fire.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/20/us/fire-destroys-big-tex-icon-of-texas-state-fair.html?_r=0

Petting the goats...they were cute and very friendly.

Family Picture before the Bird Show
Despite his facial expression. I think he enjoyed
seeing all the animals.

Had to get a family picture with these beauties!


Butter Sculpture...yes that's entirely
made of butter behind us. 


One of the coolest things we did was see the bird show.
Stephen got this up close and personal pic of this owl.
No zoom on the camera, we really were that close to it . 

Like father, like son

Grandma excited to pet the horses

Borius....one fat pig.
Kind of reminded me of Charlotte's Web and I'm not gonna lie...I
did glance up to look for a web saying "some pig"

Yep. Big Tex. He really does talk and move his arms

Stephen drooling a bit at the car show.

Now on to the food pictures. I've never seen so many unusual fried foods. We tried to take pictures of most of them to document the experience. Along with these we also tried deep fried cheese curds and Texan firecrackers (mini burritos). Both Stephen and I agree that the cheesecake was definitely our favorite!


Deep Fried Pecan Pie

Deep Fried Cheesecake 
Deep Fried Oreos

Deep Fried Cactus and Deep Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll

Not just any old corn dog...A deep fried corny dog.
 Seriously the best corn dog I've ever tasted.
Red Velvet Funnel Cake

Deep Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly
 And I didn't quite have the guts or appetite to try this...

You read that right...deep fried alligator. Maybe one day or maybe not.
Only in Texas! :)


2 comments:

Dale, Julie, Jaxon, Britta, and Max said...

That food looks delicious!!!

Unknown said...

Butter is a really difficult medium to work with; it's so melty!