10.07.2012

Inspired

I love this time of year.
I love being able to sit at home and listen to inspired leaders.
Conference weekend truly is my favorite and I always look forward to it. I'm so grateful for the technology that we have today. I mean really...I can stream general conference live via the internet and soak in the words of the prophets and apostles in the comfort of my own home, in my PJ's, on the couch, with a pile of blankets. Complete with conference treats and our traditional conference breakfast. This year I went all out and made blueberry cream cheese french toast with fresh blueberry syrup, although it was more of a lunch then a breakfast. It still tasted yummy though.

I was actually able to sit and listen to more of conference than I expected.  Andrew's naps coincided quite nicely with the same time of each session. Even after he'd wake up he was so calm and cuddly and would sit on the couch and play quietly. I even caught him a few times just laying his head down and listening. Especially when the choir was singing.



Listening to the Prophet

I love all the messages about service, faith, missionary work, overcoming trials and becoming like our savior. I have a greater desire to do more, become a little better and try a little harder. Which is what general conference is all about. Right?

I'm always sad to see it come to a close, but I love the words President Monson ended the conference with:
"Let us be of good cheer as we go about our lives. Although we live in increasingly perilous times, the Lord loves us and is mindful of us. He is always on our side as we do what is right. He will help us in time of need. Difficulties come into our lives, problems we do not anticipate and which we would never choose. None of us is immune. The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be. Our lives can also be filled with joy as we follow the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ."

Also, here's a quick picture of my parents on their mission in Austria with the young adults they work with after general conference. They watch all five sessions of conference in one day with the last one being live ending at 10pm their time. What a spiritual marathon!


No comments: