4.24.2015

Our Little Monster Turned Four

Four Years....

I honestly can't believe where the time has gone. My little 2 lb boy is FOUR years old.
I think this day will always be filled with mix emotions as Andrew's birthday was a traumatic day for both Stephen and I, but we didn't let that stop us of having a big day full of celebrations.


We surprised him in the morning with his room filled with balloons and streamers on his door. We sang a little happy birthday at 6 am as we got ready for school and headed off to the bus.
 (This picture was taken after school...it's way to early in the morning on school days. He's trying to hold up four fingers. Getting his fingers to work independently of each other is a bit tricky, but he can hold up the number four!)

I was able to take some cupcakes to his class. Andrew gets so excited whenever he sees me at his school. It's pretty cute, probably because it's pretty rare. So it was fun to surprise him and bring his class some treats. He wanted me to show the girls to his friends and teachers so I went back to his classroom and met all of the kids that I hear so much about. They were darling and a lot of fun, but then I had to sneak out because Andrew was being pretty clingy and shy and he still had another hour of preschool left.

It was such a nice day that after the girls went down for their afternoon nap, we snuck away outside and went on a little bike ride. He LOVEs riding his bike and is getting the hang of it. He can peddle all on his own, but gets tired pretty fast.

He felt pretty loved (and a little overwhelmed I think) by the end of the day. He had lots of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents, call, FaceTime and Skype throughout the entire day. He had the happy birthday song, sung to him many many times throughout the day!

Daddy got off of work early so we could start the birthday celebrations. Which is always a wonderful thing!

Andrew requested a Monster Birthday this year.

So of course you have to have monster feet to come to the party....




These two were party animals with their blowers and all!

I asked Andrew what his favorite meal was, so that I could make him a special birthday dinner. Without thinking he quickly responded "Cinnamon Cereal"  Really?   I gave a few suggestions of some favorites....but nope Cinnamon cereal. I let it go and a few days later asked the same question....again I got the same answer (which doesn't really happen that often) So I knew his mind was made up. So for dinner that night, we had Cinnamon Toast Crunch with muffins and fruit.


I always love to plan out his birthday cake and surprise him. His reaction this year was not quite what I expected. I was a "oh that's nice mommy" Oh well, you can never guess how this boy will react to things. 



He did however successfully blow out all of his candles on his birthday cake this year....a first for this little guy! 

He couldn't wait to open presents. I mean it's just mean to have them wrapped and sitting on the table all afternoon...




Here's this years interview with this little guy who's growing up WAY too fast!



And a few of my other favorites from his four year old photo shoot.



This is his grumpy face....he makes me laugh!





 Playing on the playground is a very difficult thing for this kid to do alone. He has been working hard at school on these skills and I was surprised how much he could do all by himself. He's grown by leaps and bounds this year in so many ways. So proud of my little Andrew! It will be fun to see what another year brings!

No comments: