It's a interesting one to answer, he's gone through a few different phases with them.
At first it was like there was not much difference, probably he was mostly glad that mommy was now home and not in the hospital any more. Plus the girls slept ALL THE TIME. He really showed no interest in them and was somewhat afraid of them actually.
Then gradually the girls started to take more of mommy's time and he was finding anything he could think of to get mommy's attention most often the wrong way.
One day I found him in the kitchen going through the food cupboards and dumping everything he could get his hands onto out on the floor. Thankfully I caught him before he got to the potato pearls and quinoa.
Or another favorite is he's figured out how to climb up on daddy big rolling computer chair and he'll play on daddy's computer, which is a big no no at our house.
But the latest is he'll tell me that he's going potty while I'm feeding the babies and he'll close the door and start cleaning the toilets with the toilet brush. Oh what a helper! The first time I didn't know what he was doing and thought he was in the bedroom playing with toys...come to find out he was in our bathroom with toilet water everywhere from ceiling to about 1/4 inch of standing water all over the floor and he was soaked himself. Oh I was sooo grossed out. What a stinker!! Straight to the bathtub he went.
Or another favorite is he's figured out how to climb up on daddy big rolling computer chair and he'll play on daddy's computer, which is a big no no at our house.
But the latest is he'll tell me that he's going potty while I'm feeding the babies and he'll close the door and start cleaning the toilets with the toilet brush. Oh what a helper! The first time I didn't know what he was doing and thought he was in the bedroom playing with toys...come to find out he was in our bathroom with toilet water everywhere from ceiling to about 1/4 inch of standing water all over the floor and he was soaked himself. Oh I was sooo grossed out. What a stinker!! Straight to the bathtub he went.
Now that the girls are more interactive, he's starting to warm up to them more. As they are babbling, I'll sometimes respond to them like they are talking by saying "Oh really? Is that what you think? etc... and he'll usually say in a very matter of fact voice "Mommy, she didn't talk to you. She's just a baby."
He always call them "The Girls" except it sounds more like "The Grills"....it's cute and at first I tried to help him hear the difference, but really I love it now. "Bye bye Grills!" "I love you Grills" "Night Night Grills" "Can the Grills come too?"
He always call them "The Girls" except it sounds more like "The Grills"....it's cute and at first I tried to help him hear the difference, but really I love it now. "Bye bye Grills!" "I love you Grills" "Night Night Grills" "Can the Grills come too?"
He's the best little helper. He's always wanting to get diapers for them, throw them away or help hold their bottle. He also LOVES to help buckle them into their carseats. One of the biggest helps, is if I'm feeding one and the other wakes up and is crying. I'll ask him to go in and talk to them. It doesn't matter who is screaming in their crib. They stop and calm down when the see their big brother Andrew. He'll sing them a song or bring them toys. (Which usually buys me another 5-10 minutes to finish feeding one baby before moving onto the next.)
One of my favorite things that melts my heart is he's my little shadow when it comes to putting Kathryn and Olivia to bed. He helps me change their diaper, swaddle them and sings to them with me. He so sweet to both of them. If I ever dare do this routine without him by my side. He gets really sad and cries. The first time this happened, I couldn't figure out why he was crying for the longest time.
He's starting to share his toys with them too. He'll play the little baby piano for them or bring them one of their toys or he'll drive his cars on their blankets so they can see. One day he even shared the coveted school bus.
He's starting to share his toys with them too. He'll play the little baby piano for them or bring them one of their toys or he'll drive his cars on their blankets so they can see. One day he even shared the coveted school bus.
Just the other day I found him really sharing his toys, I'm afraid that most of those were thrown over the top. Just grateful they didn't hit Kathryn.
When he comes home from school... he's always asks where the girls are. It's like they are his welcoming committee.
These girls are troopers and sometimes they get dragged a long to his many doctor appointments. He loves "showing them the doctor's office" and helping mommy push them in the stroller! (He's especially stylin' after the eye doctor last month.)
I know he loves his sisters and I know they love him. Kathryn and Olivia will just sit and watch and smile and laugh at their brother half way across the room. He is pretty entertaining!
It's pretty rare that he ever asks to hold them. (I think because they are so wiggly) but once in a great while he shocks me and will ask. One day he got off the bus and as we were walking into the house he said. "Mommy I just want to hold ONE baby, not two babies, Just ONE!" it was pretty cute and totally caught me off guard.
Peekaboo has become the new favorite game. If one is sad or I'm helping the other baby. He'll play peekaboo. Kathryn laughs and laughs every time and Andrew thinks it's great to be the center of attention. here's a quick video of him trying to keep them happy and entertained during a doctor's appointment. Although I didn't catch the giggles from Kathryn, it's still a pretty cute video.
He's starting to tell the difference between the two girls and who is who. But most of the time he ask. "Who's baby is that?" (Combining the questions Who is that? and which baby is that?)
These girls also make good weights for Andrew to practice his therapy exercises. It was pretty funny. Kathryn was all smiles and laughs and Olivia wasn't quite sure what was going on.
It will be interesting to see in the next few months as they become more mobile and start grabbing at his things how sweet he'll be then. But for now....I'll savor these moments!
It's pretty rare that he ever asks to hold them. (I think because they are so wiggly) but once in a great while he shocks me and will ask. One day he got off the bus and as we were walking into the house he said. "Mommy I just want to hold ONE baby, not two babies, Just ONE!" it was pretty cute and totally caught me off guard.
Peekaboo has become the new favorite game. If one is sad or I'm helping the other baby. He'll play peekaboo. Kathryn laughs and laughs every time and Andrew thinks it's great to be the center of attention. here's a quick video of him trying to keep them happy and entertained during a doctor's appointment. Although I didn't catch the giggles from Kathryn, it's still a pretty cute video.
He's starting to tell the difference between the two girls and who is who. But most of the time he ask. "Who's baby is that?" (Combining the questions Who is that? and which baby is that?)
These girls also make good weights for Andrew to practice his therapy exercises. It was pretty funny. Kathryn was all smiles and laughs and Olivia wasn't quite sure what was going on.
It will be interesting to see in the next few months as they become more mobile and start grabbing at his things how sweet he'll be then. But for now....I'll savor these moments!
"I like Kathryn mommy"
"Can I do tummy time with the Grills mommy?"
Everyone climbs into mommy & daddy's bed in the morning....
There's not much room left for mommy and daddy!
"Mommy Olivia's trying to hold my hand!"
It's so fun to see the connection he's making with these girls. I hope these three can all be the best of friends someday!
It's so fun to see the connection he's making with these girls. I hope these three can all be the best of friends someday!


.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment