3.20.2009

Mac vs PC

This has been a very debated topic among our household the past few weeks. When I changed jobs and started working for Alpine District, they are very "Mac Savey" Everything is mac in that district. They even issued me a personal MacBook Laptop. At first I hated using it and felt like I couldn't get around and do what I needed to. But after a little exploring and time I found some pretty cool stuff with my apple and really started loving using it. I've always been a PC person, but I'd have to say I'm finding my apple to be a lot better computer. So now that Stephen's been admitted and accepted to BYU's MBA they require that all the students have a laptop. So Stephen's been researching and comparing Macs. He's literally spent hours reading about both. (When it comes to buying something Stephen always does his research whether it's a big or small purchase.) We've even been to the Simply Mac store a few time talking to people and looking at stuff. It's looking like we're making the jump into macs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!! I always used a PC growing up, but when I married Ray, he was a Mac person all the way. He has totally converted me and I would never go back to a PC. You'll love your Mac!! :)

Anonymous said...

Emily and Stephen, I was always a PC person too since way back in the eons of time when home computers were not the way they are today. A couple of years ago, I converted to a Mac (iMac) and I definitely would NEVER go back. I was just tired and more tired of Microsoft and how squirrely Microsoft software can be. I have an iMac and Uncle Chuck has a PC with Linux on it. His next computer will be a Mac and it will probably be a laptop. I LOVE my iMac! Y'all will be glad you converted. I didn't find the conversion to be a problem at all. Love, Aunt pj

Veda said...

We absolutely love our Macs! I switched over for the same reason you did!

Chris said...

My mother-in-law only does Macs, and I think we would switch over too, except Chris doesn't know how to work on them like he does our PCs. So just so you know....I'm in complete agreement with you. Macs are better than PCs in so many ways!!!!