3.15.2009

Call Me Crazy!

So I don't know quite what to call it...insane, crazy, deranged, or mad? Whatever it was it sure exhausted me. At school, I was talked into volunteering to go on an overnight field trip with 85 sixth graders. We had a great time, but I felt like I've been recouping the entire weekend. Our school took the entire 6th grade up to a camp that the district owns called Clear Creek. It's a huge piece of property down by Scofield Reservoir with a bunch of cabins, ropes courses, and hiking trails. It kind of reminded me of my EFY days except I was dealing with 11-12 year olds and I'm not quite used to staying up to 2 am. I not as young as I used to be. Actually it was really a lot of fun. After the 2 hour cramped bus ride we finally got there and the fun began. We did a lot of fun activities teaching the kids about Native Americans. My favorite was our constellations activity. Our school has this really amazing star dome. It's basically and inflatable dome room where we all crawled into and the stars where projected onto the ceiling. We looked at all the different constellations, how to locate them and all the stories from the Greek Mythology about them. Then we went outside and looked at the real stars in the sky! It was way cool and I learned so much.

No comments: