11.08.2015

I'm so Glad to live a World where there are Octobers

We sure have had a lot of fun celebrating this year for Halloween!

Andrew has really gotten into the spirit of Halloween more than he ever has. We've had a ball this whole month! It's so hard that Halloween is the VERY last day of the month! He's been asking for a while now "How much longer until Halloween?" Then when it came, his response was, "It's here! It's here! It finally came!"


Parent teacher conference week was the week before Halloween. Andrew had early out days for three days and then Friday off. It was a busy week having him home more, but we got out and played. We went to parks and to a local pumpkin patch! I loved this patch! It was so low key, which is exactly what I was looking for. We've gone to some which are pretty over the top and expensive! This one was perfect for our little family! Complete with a petting zoo with goats, cows and sheep; A hayride around the farm with a lake where we stop and fed the fish, and wagon rides. through  the massive piles of pumpkins!

It's always more fun to ride around in a wagon!





Her scrunchy face kills me!







After dinner one night we were waiting for daddy to come home from work. Since it was a nice warm day, we decided to hang out and enjoy outside. The leaves had just started falling and so we decided to make a little pile to jump into. It was pretty fun to see him get so excited! He remembered the GIANT leaf piles by our apartment last year and when this is all I could rake up for now, He was a little less than impressed. Until we started playing in them...





Pumpkin Carving Adventures! It was quite the adventure this year. We waited and waited until Halloween morning to carve our pumpkins, so that daddy could be home to help us. Then as we started to get into it, we saw on the news that it was going to rain. We had a few outside projects we needed to get done. So we divided and conquered. I put the girls to bed for their morning nap. Andrew and I would finish up the carving and Stephen would head outside. So much for doing this activity with dad....lol!

Andrew kept putting his seeds back inside the pumpkin and wanted to stir it around and make a witches brew. He kills me sometimes! 

One semi-family picture before dad heads outside! 





I let the girls each try to reach inside and grab the seeds. neither of them were interested in reaching inside.  So that was that with their pumpkin carving experience this year! 

 It's all fun and games until mommy cuts her thumb and an hour and a half later it's still gushing blood. So a quick trip to the Urgent Care on Halloween! A few stitches later and a very sore thumb I can't use/get wet for a few days. Makes things kind of tricky!

Our Halloween Dinner

Our Spooky Dinner: 
Spider mini-Pizzas, Ghost bananas, Garlic breadstick bones and mummy root beer with monster cookies! 

Our little Anna...in the dress that mommy sewed... Don't look too close. I made it a little small and it was a bit tricky to get her in and out of it. But it worked well enough for a costume length of wearing. Don't know if I'll try sewing a dress again.

We had the perfect Halloween weather.  Warm enough to not need a jacket, but not blazing hot like Texas where you about sweat to death in your costume. Couldn't have asked for a better day!

 The Frozen Gang right before trick or treating! 

 Can you tell Andrew was anxious to get going? Kathryn is all about walking now and did her best to keep up with her brother!

 Andrew really could care less about the candy. He just loves walking around. Usually this kid is so outgoing and can talk up a storm to anybody and everybody. But ask him to say trick or treat for a piece of candy and he clams right up. It was fine though. We went to a handful of houses and hit the neighbors we know and few other families in our neighborhood who are in our ward and called it good. He started to get the hang of it by the end. Then we came home and had him help hand out the candy. I think he enjoyed that more than walking around. I love that we live in a neighborhood with lots and lots of kids! It was such a blast to see the streets full of kids and everyone having such a good time.  

 So glad it was a nice night! We've been having TONS of rain here in Georgia and will maybe have a day or two each week where it doesn't rain. Thankfully the rain held off for trick or treating and it was warm enough to even go without a coat or a jacket at first then it started to get a little chilly as the night went on. Love this Georgia weather!  

This little girl found the stash of candy and had a blast taking it in and out! Gotta love this stage!

It sure is a fun time of the year! And in the words of Anne Shirley, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."

No comments: