This fellow ...
Is my little super hero!!!
Let me telly you why.
He is amazing all of us at what he can do! We love him and he teaches us so much! So grateful he is apart of our family! After much therapy and hard work these are his latest tricks!
He's now started to master his crawling skills on his hands and knees. He now crawls on his knees about 50% of the time which increases daily. He's so funny because if I catch him scooting around on his tummy...I just need to say. "Andrew, get up on your knees..." and he pulls himself up. It's funny and sometimes it doesn't last for very long, but he understands and I smile every time.He is amazing all of us at what he can do! We love him and he teaches us so much! So grateful he is apart of our family! After much therapy and hard work these are his latest tricks!
This may not look like much, but playing on his hands and knees and reaching with one hand while keeping his head up ......was hard work and has taken months for this guy to master. I never realized all that goes into coordinating everything, that most kids just "do". I'm learning so much as his mom!
Andrew has a pretty intense therapy schedule right now. We meet with one of his four therapist every day of the week except for Fridays. And that's when I try to schedule dr. appointments. It truly is my life. Even when we don't have therapists at our home, I try to spend a good chunk of time working with him and doing different exercises and stretches. As I look at it written out, it sounds like A LOT and don't get me wrong, it is. But somehow it doesn't feel like it. I mean really... I get to play, laugh, teach, and work one on one with my Andrew. I cherish this season in my life and am grateful I get to stay at home with him.
| Doing his therapy exercise on the ball |
Last week we got some new "feet" as I call them. We have waited for these braces to be made for over 3 months. I'm glad to finally have them, although they've kind of put a damper on the crawling, but hopefully once he's used to them he'll be right back to where he was.
These braces will help Andrew stabilize himself and give him support while he's learning to walk. Already he's making huge progress and it's amazing to see how much they are helping him.
He's learning, growing and getting stronger each day. I love seeing him figure things out and learn about the world around him. The best thing about this kiddo is that he's so happy and easy going. Seriously I took him shoe shopping to find shoes to fit those big and bulky braces and we spent over 3 hours trying on shoes. Not once, but TWICE! This almost-two year old toddler was happy and content the ENTIRE time.Yep! I'm so incredibly blessed.
3 comments:
What an incredible little boy you have. It's so neat seeing all the progress he has made.
Keep going! I went throught the same 4 day therapy schedule with doctors on the 5th. It's really, really hard, and you're doing a great job. Someday Andrew will be at a track meet or swimming lesson, and you will bawl in the stands. I can't wait to meet Andrew someday.
What a neat entry. You're going through something that most of us won't experience and you're positive attitude is amazing. He's a lucky kid! And you're a lucky mom because he is crazy cute!
Post a Comment