At night we will be watching T.V. or laying in our bed reading and there will be a loud tapping at the window. What is that sound you may ask? Oh right...that would just be the BUGS attracted by the light hitting the window. Both Stephen and I have all sort of bites around our ankles and last week, Stephen accidentally stepped into a hill of fire ants as he was getting Andrew out of the car. You might say...a little "trial by fire". Ha ha ha.
It would be one thing if they were just outside and stayed outside, but they aren't. We've found many little 6-legged friends inside our home too. The worst for me are the cockroaches. I seem to scream every time I see them...without fail. They are just so BIG. I don't know if I'll ever get use to these critters.
Andrew sure has had his run with the Texas bugs. The worst part about it is they found him while he was sleeping in his bed. He'd wake up and have not just 1 or 2 new bites, but 6-7 bites all over his face, hands and arms The worst was when he had some type of allergic reaction and his eye was swollen. I felt so bad.
One lady at the store thought he had the chicken pox. Really? Would I take my child out into a public place if he had the chicken pox? It's a mystery as to what's been biting him. We can't seem to figure it out and I've been cleaning like a mad women sanitizing this place from ceiling to floor trying to get rid of everything. I'm hoping we can figure something out soon and things will be better.
![]() |
| Not the best pic. but just look at those bites! |
![]() |
| I think we counted 15 bite on just his one hand. Crazy! |


6 comments:
That is so sad! That would be miserable!
So crazy Emily! I hope you find the nasty bug soon!
Oh my gosh!!! That's crazy!!!! those look like fireant bites to me...but I'm not an expert. All those bug sprays become your best friend for sure- the ones you spray on your body and the ones you spray all over your house/yard. I wish I had some idea on what could help...I mean, bugs were a big thing there but I don't remember ever waking up with tons of bites. :( bless his little heart. i hope you find the culprit soon!!!
PS...maybe the ants got him when Stephen stepped in the ant pile. I have found the only solution to kill all the fireants once you've stepped in a pile is to seriously SOAK yourself in water. they end up EVERYWHERE and you will think you have them all off when all of the sudden you feel a random sting! stupid ant is still on your clothing. :( fireants- ugh! definitely not something i miss!
Poor little guy!! I hope this goes away soon!!
You're a strong woman - I don't know if I could put up with those bugs! Yuck!
Post a Comment