
Ethan Gerald Holden
Born: 3/25/2011, 8:23 am, 2 lb 1 oz
Passed: 6/4/2011, 3:30 am, 4 lb 15 oz
Passed: 6/4/2011, 3:30 am, 4 lb 15 oz
He has already taught us so much, and will continue to teach us for a very long time. Nothing acute or immediate happened, and he didn't have any additional set backs, but he just got more and more sleepy over the past week and a half. Emily and I both were able to hold him on Thursday night and he was still breathing on his own and doing pretty well. Friday morning he let us know that he was ready to go home. Primary Children's was incredibly sensitive to our situation, and gave us a large private room to have Ethan stay in so many of his cousins and family could come say hello and also goodbye. We had a wonderful visit with our Utah family, and then Emily and I had a long time in private to hold him and cuddle him. He was very comfortable, and did not have any trauma or pain during his passing, and he gave us plenty of time to help us through his transition. We had many tender mercies during such an excruciatingly painful time.
We want anyone and everyone to participate in a brief memorial service with us on Saturday June 11 in Pleasant Grove. It will probably be 1:00p or 2:00p, either in an LDS Chapel, or the mortuary. Any of you who have been reading and following our story with Andrew and Ethan are most welcome to join us, and I hope to see you. We'd like to share with you a couple of the special experiences we've shared with Ethan. He is a wonderful son.
I will post the time and location on this blog when we know specifics. We thank you for your love.
31 comments:
We are happy you were able to spend that time with your special little boy and we send you our love.
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Ethan. What a blessing to be with him and to spend time bonding before sending him back to live with our Heavenly Father. May you feel peace and comfort these next few days and coming weeks. Sending my love.
dear emily,
ben and i saw this and our hearts just broke. you have been through so much and our prayers are with you. we are so sorry, and love your family!
We are Mike & Camille's Herbst grandparents, and have been following your news about th twins with great caring & compassion. We are so sorry about little Ethan. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Keith and Betty Herbst
We are so sorry and are praying for you all! Love, Katie Garner
Praying for all of you. What a sweet and amazing little boy! Wish we could be there on Saturday. We love you!
My heart just aches for you guys! He was such a little fighter! You are all in our thoughts and prayers!!
I am so sorry for your loss. You are brave, faithful and wonderful parents. I'm happy it was such a peaceful experience and know he's watching over your family. My prayers are with you.
We are so very sorry for your loss. You are in our constant thoughts and prayers.
We just want to express our love to you. We are so grateful for your faith and the knowledge that families are forever. Our hearts go out to you and your family.
My heart aches for you all - what a sweet little boy. I'm so glad you were able to snuggle with him before he went back home - poor little guy had been such a fighter for so long. Thanks for the udpates - we're planning to be there on Sat. Love you guys.
Steve and Emily--we were so sad to hear in church today about Ethan's passing! We came right home to check out your blog and read your beautiful tribute to him. We are so sorry for your loss. What a sweet angel! Please know that we will be praying for you! We will be there on Saturday!
My heart aches for you, but I am so glad that you had many tender moments with little Ethan throughout his time on earth. We wish so much that we could be at the service on Saturday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family constantly.
Our hearts break for both of you. We have been praying for you and your sons. We are so glad you were able to hold him and to enjoy being with him. We wish we could be there for the memorial. We will continue to pray for you and that you will feel the love and peace that comes through the Atonement.
Love,
Mike and Heather Wilson
Oh, our hearts go out to you. What a sweet little fighter. He's truly an angel. We won't be able to be there, but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for being so willing to share your feelings through this experience. It has been such a testimony strengthener to us to see your examples.
I am so sorry Emily. May you feel comfort at this sad time.
Caren
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. Your strength and testimony is such an example to me. Thank you for sharing this sweet time you've had with him. You are in my prayers.
You are in our prayers and thoughts and tears. Thank you for your"faith-perfecting" examples. Thank you so much for being willing to share this with us. We have loved the journey. We love you.
We sure love you guys, We fasted on your behalf today and hope that you will find comfort through this trial. We are so sorry for your loss, you are an inspiration to us in many ways, but mostly of faith. Families are forever and you will be with him again. What a great comfort that is.
Emily & Stephen, I am so sorry to hear about Ethan. What a difficult time. I am so glad for the experiences you have had with him, and I know you'll treasure them forever. Know that we love you dearly and are praying for you continually.
we're so sorry to hear about ethan. please know that we are praying for your family at this difficult time and thinking of you. wish we could be there to support you. families are forever! we love you!
Oh Em, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. We will continue to pray for your little family to receive peace and comfort. Much love!
We are so sorry for your loss and mourn with you. May you feel much love and comfort in this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love, The Huish's
oh, my heart aches for you all! i am so sorry. we will continue to keep you all in our prayers! love, the Kemptons
Oh my. I just saw this today. I left a little gift on your desk at work on Friday after school. I did not know you were going through this at the same time. I cannot send enough love for you through this note. But I will pray for you, and my heart is sooooo with you!
Love,
DeAnna Ball
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a sweet little boy who touched us all.
I had tears as I saw your faith come through this post. No doubt the Lord is pleased with your attitude. We will be praying for Andrew to pull through that he may live in memory of his brother.
Adam and Leslie Cuppett
There has not been a dry eye in our house or our ward! You are all loved so much! We are praying for you and hope to be able to help this Saturday. Anything you need, please let us know!
Emily, I am sorry to hear about your loss. What a special boy Ethan must have been. My prayers are with you and your family.
Oh Em and Stephen, what a beautiful tribute. My heart goes out to you both and pray that you will feel the strength of the Lord during this difficult time. Experiencing loss is never easy...for myself, the gospel does bring comfort, but with time. I've also had some very special experiences realizing how thin the veil truly is. Ethan IS your angel in heaven and I have no doubt he is close by- and thrilled that you both are his parents for eternity. Sending my love!
We hold you in our hearts and wish that we could hold you in our arms this Saturday and through the coming days. We continue to hold all of you in prayer.
Post a Comment