This is what the neonatalogist shared with us yesterday. I grilled the doctors on the infectious disease team, as well as our neonatologist (I have no idea how to spell that), and the ID doctors were optimistic that Ethan is going to make it! Our neonatalogist was guardedly optimistic as well. Its hard for them to tell us that he has good chances of survival, because as we've seen, things can change for the worse SO QUICKLY, yet it takes weeks for these little guys to improve to a point where their lives aren't threatened.
As far as the additional damage done to his brain and other organs, we will not know until he is stable enough for an MRI, which won't be for a few days at the soonest. The prognosis is bad, but right now we're focused on him just keeping fighting. And let's be honest, the prognosis hasn't really changed since we got to Primary's. So nothing new there, right? The poor doctors need to cover their bases though, and make sure we are informed.
Anyway, I wanted to share the wonderful news that Ethan turned the corner, and as long as he keeps his incredible strength up, he will survive the NEC and meningitis, and his blood infections have already started to clear up. Come on, little buddy, you can do it!!
7 comments:
This is Alex, TJ's wife, and I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for little Ethan! Even though I don't know you guys I want you to know how much I love you and how grateful I am for your example.
GREAT NEWS!!! I've been praying for a miracle! Those little guys are tough! Ethan can do it. They both can do it! I'm continually amazed that you and Emily are doing it as well! We love your little family!
On our way to Abilene, brought gear to check the blog and great news was found! Hang in there y'all! Thanks for the updates, I know it must be hard to talk about it, but we who wait in the wings are very grateful!! Always praying with love.
That's so good to hear!! You have some strong little guys there and I hope they continue to improve. You're always in our thoughts and prayers.
I am relieved for you! I can't wait to meet these little boys someday.
What a little fighter!! So glad that there's some light in the tunnel. Keep it up, Ethan!!
I'm so happy for some positive news! It's so great to know that Ethan has turned a corner! I'm still praying always for the best!!
Post a Comment