2.12.2009

Reasons to Love...

I've always loved the month of February and thought I'd share the highlight. I think I've narrowed it down to the top 10. Enjoy!


1. Valentine's Day: I've always loved this holiday! Growing up my mom would make a special dinner and decorate with fancy red table clothes and candles. She would leave a little valentine on our plate.

2. Celebrating My Birthday: I've always been about celebrating your birthday! Ever since I was little we would wake up to crape paper hanging from our door. But I think I learned really how to celebrate from some previous roommies. We would do crazy things on our birthdays. Lots of fun memories. Like blowing up over 200 balloons, kidnapping people, and going around to 25 guys on my 25th b-day.


3. Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies: It's great to work in a school. There always seems to be at least one little girl who comes around my classroom after school looking for orders. Some teachers are annoyed, but not me!

4. Surprisingly warmer days: It's nice to see the black snow melt away and although we have occasional storms. I know that spring is just around the corner and that makes me SMILE!

5. Making heart-shaped sugar cookies: Okay I must confess...the really fun part is to decorate and eat them. I indulge in these probably to much during this month. I'll have to hit the gym harder in March.

6.Date Night: I always look forward to this every week. But this year with Valentine's Day over the weekend, I'm extra excited!

7. Handing out Valentine's: This must be the teacher part of me. I love how excited all the kids get around all the holidays. Valentine's is one that tops them all, especially with the 4th, 5th and 6th graders. The girls seem to be at the I like boys, but don't want to show it stage. The boys try to be really cool with all of their valentines. This year, I have Sponge Bob Valentines to hand out this year. I'm just as bad as the kids :)

8. Chocolate: Need I say more?


9.You can still get some good skiing in: As excited I am about spring, I do love skiing. Stephen and I were able to go a while back. Here's Stephen trying to attempt to learning how to Snowboard.

10.Love: I love being in love and I'm a total romantic and love being romanticized.

1 comment:

Veda said...

This is a cute list! Happy Valentines Day Emily! Hope you have a blast with your students tomorrow!