12.07.2008

Where is winter?

Lately I seem to have forgetten what month it is. Not that I'm really that spacey, but it's just that it still does not feel like winter. I can't believe we're already a week into December and it is 45 degrees outside. Yesterday was nice too, so Stephen and I decided to take advantage of the warmer weather and went on a hike up behind Cascade Mountain. It was great to get away from the business of all the holiday shopping and head up to the mountains. I honestly can say I've never been hiking in December before! Skiing yes, but hiking no. It sure was beautiful and believe it or not we weren't the only ones up there. We found a bunch of neat ponds that beavers had made and it was pretty neat to stumble upon. We also packed a lunch and had a picnic. It was great, but I'm really itching for some snow !!!

Just a little ice in the river!

Stephen trying to cross the river on some icy

logs. It was close he almost fell in!

1 comment:

Veda said...

Great Pictures. We are going to be in Utah in a week, I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be beautiful snow on the ground!