12.07.2008

Gratitude

I know it's a bit past Thanksgiving, but I've had a lot on my mind this weekend and wanted to share how grateful I am. At Thanksgiving this year, as always we go around the table and share things that we are thankful for before we eat our meal. I'm always amazed at how no matter how many people are there, we seem to barely skim the surface of the countless blessings we've been given. This year my parents gave each of us a gratitude Journal where we can record each day the blessings that we recognize. Here are just a few that top my list, I am so grateful I married a wonderful man in the Temple. He is an amazing friend who is so perfect for me. I love my family and am grateful for the close relationship we have with each other and the examples they are too me. I also am so thankful for my testimony of the gospel for the foundation that it is in my life.
This past Friday a good friend of mine and co-worker, received a phone call from her daughter who found her husband dead. She had only been home 2 hours earlier and talked with him then. What a difficult trial she's been given and is facing. Her whole world turned upside down in an instant. I can't even imagine going through this trial. Well needless to say, she has been on my mind a lot and I can't help but remind myself how precious each day is. So in this season of giving and thanks, I find myself very humbled and thankful for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: