4.27.2008
New Job and a Reason to Celebrate
I've been weighing a big decision as of late... here's the scoop! I've been interviewing up in Alpine School District for teaching jobs. Since we moved farther north the 30 minute commute to school each morning and afternoon is long and getting expensive with gas prices lately. This has been a long and drawn out process the past 3 months. I was supposed to have a decision made by April 15th but without making this a long and boring story. Let's just say, I am horrible at making decisions and Alpine district was being very difficult. But in the end on Thursday, I decided to accept the new job in Alpine District. YEA!!! I'll be working at an elementary school about 4 miles from my house in American Fork. I'll be doing pull out resource, so it will be a little different than what I'm doing now, but a lot less work, prep time and stress. They won't give me all of my years of teaching and I've come to accept this is just apart of being in the education field. Stephen however has a much different opinion about this. He tells me that when he becomes president of the United States he will put teachers salaries at the top of his agenda!:) One down side is I have to pack up my classroom...again. The 4th time in 5 years. I'm also very sad to leave so many good friends teachers, students and parents. I have really loved working in Springville. Another down side is I'm leaving behind 119 sick days...that I've earned the past 5 years. Well, make that 118 days. After all that stress in making a decision, I decided to call in sick and take Friday off. So my mom came down and we spent the day together. We went to a good friend Sasha's graduation at BYU then went to lunch with my sister Allison. Later that evening Stephen and I went up to Salt Lake to see Ryan and Karen's new little baby girl Laurie! She's so adorable. But most of all I just had a relaxing day! It was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment