Christmas Eve we decided to try to have the grand kids act out the nativity. Grandma did a great job pulling together a few makeshift costumes and we read from the scriptures. The kids were darling. Andrew and Stephen were wisemen. Olivia was baby Jesus and Kathryn was the shining star.
The Crew
Kathryn the "Shining Star"
Jasmine & Olivia playing Mary & baby Jesus
The Wise Men traveled from far
I appreciated all the extra help with the girls. There was always an extra pair of hands to hold or feed one of them.
This little girl was the best helper! She loved holding the babies....especially Kathryn and would just sit and hold them for literally hours. She was so content not even wanting to play with the other kids and they'd eventually fell asleep in her arms. I needed to take bring her home with me. She is going to be the best little helper to her little baby brother who will be born this summer.
I love Christmas time and it was hard to believe it came and went. Andrew was way into Christmas this year and understood the whole Santa thing! I think it helped to be around cousins and feed off of their excitement and energy! He loved opening presents and was very overwhelmed. He wanted to just stop and play with everything! Kids sure make Christmas magical!
Opening our stockings
Kathryn slept through most of the crazy Christmas morning! But here's all of us who were awake!
Opening Presents!
Love the Christmas Chaos!!
Andrew playing with his cars and car rug that Santa brought!
First Christmas with these sweet girls in their Christmas Jammies
Andrew playing with Uncle Micah
I was finally able to meet a new brother and sister in law!! Both Stephen's little brother and sister got married this summer and while I was laying in a hospital bed, Stephen and Andrew flew out to Utah for a week of weddings! It was wonderful to finally meet and hang out with these guys. Between Christmas and New Years, we did more wedding celebrations and had a reception for both couples for all their Michigan friends. For some odd reason I didn't get any pictures at the receptions of the two couples.....Oh that's right, I was trying to keep three kids happy!
James and his new bride Michelle holding Kathryn
I don't know how I never got a picture of Erin with her new hubby, But those two gave me the BEST christmas present EVER! It started out as a joke because Alex, her husband had never even changed a babies diaper and it ended up that they took both girls for an entire night! We moved the pack'n play into their room and I went to bed about 10:30 and woke up around 7am. Best nights sleep in I don't know how long! It was amazing!! They seriously don't know how awesome that little gift of sleep was.
Grandpa has been working hard at finishing some rooms in their basement and saved some of the big boxes to make a slide for the grand kids down the stairs. It took a few of the engineers in the family to figure out the best way to get it to turn around the corner. All the kids had a blast and maybe even a few of us adults.
We stayed the week and rang in the New Year with family too! It was an evening full of delicious food and games!
Minute to Win It games were fun for both the adults and all the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment