It was great to see the girls over 3 lbs (Baby A 3lbs 8oz and Baby B 3lbs 1oz) and my cervix looked the best it had been since before the hospital measuring at 3.6-3.8 in length. I wasn't too surprised by this news of getting to go home. It had been the plan to get me to 30 weeks and if everything looked great they'd send me home on strict bed rest...but apparently he wrote in my notes that I could go home that day. So my insurance wouldn't let me stay any longer. I was kind of tentatively planning on going home Thursday or possibly even Friday when my parents arrived,but nope we were heading home that day. So to have to suddenly go home that day really threw me for a loop. Stephen got off work early and came to pack up my room. I'd been in the hospital one month exactly. (August 3-Sept 3) It was so surreal to leave the hospital and climb into our car. I just kept looking around at everything.
I've been home almost five days now and it is so wonderful to be here. I love the fact that I get to see my boys more than an hour a day. I have missed them more then anything. Seeing Andrew laugh, cry and hearing his funny little sayings, just warms my heart. I feel like I've missed out so much the last month and he's grown up on me while I've been gone. Sleeping next to Stephen, seeing him, laughing with him and feeling his gentle touch has been good for my soul.
Although it's temping to do things around the house, my parents are both here to help for the next few weeks. We've loved having them here the last few days. They have already done so much to help us. We are very grateful for so many family members who've wanted to and who have and will come out here to help us. It is times like these that I wish we lived a little closer to family, so it's not so hard.
I am now at the point where I'm not scared for these babies to come...don't get me wrong I want them to stay put and grow as long as they can. But, I now feel like I can get excited and start to plan and buy things. I haven't dared to do much with everything that happened with Andrew and Ethan. We haven't bought much of anything, for fear of having to take stuff back. Now that I am 30 weeks, I better get started...these girls could come as soon as 1-2 weeks, but hopefully more like 4-5 weeks, around the first part of October. It's becoming very real these girls will be apart of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment