8.24.2014

Grandma comes to play

We always love having visitors and when grandma came a month ago it was no exception. I'm not sure how much of a vacation it was for her, but she was so sweet to come and help us. It's been harder and harder to take care of Andrew. I'm wasn't able to lift much of anything, so grocery shopping, getting Andrew in and out of the car, his booster seat, doing laundry and chasing him down to get dressed and change his diaper is becoming nearly impossible. Grandma's timing couldn't have been better as we are trying to take every precaution with this pregnancy.

Andrew of course loved every minute of attention from grandma and soaked it all in. He asked every morning where grandma was and if he could wake her up. But I think his most favorite thing to do with Grandma was to...of course walk. He'd love to walk with her hand either to the laundry room and shut the door so it would be completely dark, or he'd walk her to his bedroom and "put her to bed" have her lay down and sleep on his bed. He'd even sing a song or two and maybe read a book, then close the door. It kind of became a joke that it was "hard work" to play with Andrew because he'd just put you to bed. As much as they played that little game I never got a picture, but did get some cute ones of Grandma and Andrew!

 Storytime with Grandma

 Playing with cars

 Playing with leftover fireworks on the front porch

Walking around the park 

Grandma also helped us do lots of organizing and unpacking. Which was a huge help, as that too has been a slow process with me being pregnant and not able to do much. With all of that said...we did squeeze in a little playing time. 

Stephen took Andrew and his mom hiking on the weekend. They found a fun new spot with a gorgeous view and lots of steps! 




Before she left, Stephen decided to take a day off and we headed downtown to check out the Georgia Aquarium. Which was incredible!! One of the best aquariums I've been to by far. Apparently when it opened it was the largest in the aquarium in the world. It has 11 dolphins that put on a pretty fun dolphin show  with all their jumps, twists, dives and splashes.  I also loved seeing the huge aquatic life like the beluga whales, whale sharks and manta rays. What a fun day!
Petting the Sting Rays

 This picture doesn't do it justice at how huge the Manta ray is.




Andrew had fun taking pictures of the animals too. This one of the jelly
fish actually turned out pretty cool. 

 The only way I could have gone was if I was in a wheel chair. Andrew loved going for a ride in "mommy's stroller" 

No comments: