We are going to need a little pink...okay maybe more than just a little with
TWO GIRLS
Joining our family!
We found out right before we left Texas and I was in such shock. We spent a long time with our MFM doctor discussing my history and other things. Then after the whole appointment we thought wait...can we find out the genders? He said he'd try and so he quietly looked for a long time without saying anything...back and forth between both babies. Then he asked if we'd be okay with a girl? or two girls? I was in shock. I honestly didn't know if he'd be able to tell at 15 weeks....especially if they were girls. Two girls was the last thing I was expecting to hear. I really had to hear it again from the next ultrasound appointment a few weeks later, before I'd really make any announcements. But our first doctor was right...TWO girls it is and we are more than thrilled to have them join our family.
It will be different to add a little pink to our home. We are so full of blue...boys, cars, trucks, dinosaurs and tools. I won't even know what to do with bows, and ruffles and little baby dolls. It will be an adjustment and a fun adventure!
As my tummy has gotten bigger, I think it's starting to sink in a little bit more with Andrew. He will pray for the babies in mommy's tummy. And the other day I was laying on the couch and he came up with his doctor set. He wanted to listen to the babies with his stethoscope. He'll even share his toys and lay them on my big belly for the babies. It's pretty cute!
Just last week we were out shopping and I decided to walk through and look at some baby girl clothes (which is so weird after always being in the "boy mode" at the store) Andrew had pulled off some dresses off the rack and asked me if we could get them for the baby sisters. Now really...how can you say no to that?
All afternoon he was carrying them around. It was pretty fun to see how excited he was for a couple of dresses.
We've got lots to do to prepare for these little ones and I'm afraid not much will happen before they come. We're still trying to unpack and get settled...which isn't happening very fast since I can't do much myself and I most likely will be put (or put myself) on bedrest in the next 4-6 weeks. Hoping these girls will hold out until October.
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you to have girls, Emily! We're praying for your family with everything going on!
Congratulations!! Two girls! What a treat. I love that Andrew is already excited to be a big brother! And Georgia, wow! I hope you love it, and that it treats you well, too. I can't wait to hear more about your time there. Take care of yourself and those precious babies!
Post a Comment