Why do good things always come to an end? I guess that's just apart of life...right? When one door closes, another door opens. When we moved to Chicago, we new that it would be a temporary move. With Stephen in a 3-year rotational program, we have the chance to move each year. With the slight possibility that he could stay in some locations and just move departments. Did I mention the word slight....well, we were hoping we'd get the chance to stay here in Chicago for more than a year. We truly LOVE it out here. A few weeks ago we found out his assignment for next year... That's right, we'll be needing to find our inner cowboy and practicing our "y'alls" 'cause we're heading to Texas!!! The Dallas area to be exact!
With this assignment comes some mixed feelings. I will always have a love for Chicago. We were able to do and see so much the past year and make some wonderful friends. A year went so fast and our "Chicago To-Do" list didn't quite get everything crossed off. Guess that means we just need to come back to visit. Also, we had originally been assigned to move to Detroit, just two hours away from Stephen's parents in Michigan. About 2 weeks later, AT&T sold the business unit out there, and it took them a week to find Stephen a new assignment. It's been a whirlwind of anticipation the last few months wondering where we'd end up. Dallas will be just as wonderful and we'll still be close to family. My little brother is just 4 1/2 hours away, in Houston and Stephen has two Aunts right there in the Dallas area.
With that said, we are beyond excited to start this new chapter in our lives. See a new part of the country, be closer to family and well....stock the freezer with some Blue Bell. :) In the words of my little brother ..."Let's face it ya'll are riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels!" (Texan translation: you're lucky!)
We'll be moving in about a month, just in time to feel the Texas heat. (After the 50 degree weather each day this month in Chicago, I can't lie, I'm kind of excited) But the next month is going to go incredibly fast and life will be a bit crazy.

10 comments:
Not gonna lie, sitting here eating a bowl of bluebell right now as I read this!!! Its no aggie ice cream, but its right up there!
So sad, but so exciting for a new adventure! We will miss you guys!
Emily!!! oh my goodness- SOOOO excited for Y'ALL!!! God bless Texas ;) Good old Dallas- well, make sure you get a chance to go visit my home in San Antonio...i may be partial but it's the best city in Texas:) Yes, you'll get the HOT texas summer, but the best part is Everyone has a pool or access to a pool, so that's how you survive. The pool is not exactly a luxury there like in the east, it's a necessity! Enjoy the great BBQ, Tex-Mex...mexican food, and being down the road from Glenn Beck ;)Loved catching up on all your adventures and so happy that life is treating y'all well! And please do enjoy all the Blue Bell you can for me!!!
love.love.love that you are heading our way! But, I bet it's hard leaving awesome friends and being "close" to Steve's family! Can't wait to see ya'll soon!
congrats! i'm sure it will be a wonderful adventure! you are so great to be positive! enjoy the time!
Wow - I didn't see that coming. Good luck and I hope the move goes well for you! Brad's sister lives in Houston and LOVES it down there.
Emily! Wow! I am excited for you guys and I think you are so brave! Good luck with everything this next month. I sure do miss all of you!
Good heavens! Your life is such an adventure! It's uplifting to know you have such a good attitude toward everything. You guys are awesome people. Good luck!
Have you decided what area you are moving to? We live about 30 minutes east of Dallas in a little town called Royse City. Depending on where Stephen is working, the Rockwall/Heath area is really nice. Not too many other Darts here, Chad Ostermiller lives north of Dallas, and there's someone else but I can't remember her name right now.
Once you get down here we'll have to have your family over for dinner.
I'm sad you guys are leaving! I'm slightly jealous too, I grew up in Dallas and would love to move back! Eat all the Blue Bell (and Braums) you can!
Post a Comment