I finally uploaded the camera with some darling pictures of our
little tiger. Andrew continues to grow like a weed. Yesterday at the
doctor, he finally made it on to the regular growth charts for kids who
are the same age. (and that's saying a lot) Since we have some type of dr. appointment almost weekly. He's now weighing in at 15lbs 6 oz.
Here's a few of my new
favorite pictures...thought you might enjoy.
Andrew sporting his cougar attire. I must admit I was out numbered for the BYU vs USU B-Ball game back in November, but in the end I will say I taught Andrew the Aggie fight song after their win.
I was doing a little tummy time after changing his diaper and caught him really studying this picture of Ethan we have on his dresser.
LOVE it!
Andrew just loves bath time. He loves to kick and slash and his favorite toy in the tub, is of course the washcloth, which goes straight for the mouth.
Stephen and I have both
decided that we really don't need much this year for Christmas. We've
been given the greatest news about our little boy. But let me rewind a
bit so you can understand where we are coming from. Back in May, we met
with a neurologist about both of our boys and their prognosis with all
the neurological issues they both were facing. In Andrew's case he was
in the middle of fighting all the nasty infections, on top of his
meningitis, hydrocephalus, still on the ventilator... let's just say our
conversation was pretty grim. With him being virtually a lifeless
little 3 lb baby in an incubator, the neurologist painted our future
with our son saying that "best case scenario...he
might recognize you as his parents, and
possibly might be
able to get himself around in a wheelchair someday. That is if he can
breath and eat on his own, but with Andrew's history and MRI's. Who
knows?" These words have really echoed in our hearts the last 7 months.
Always hoping for the best, not ever knowing what the future would hold
for our family and for our little boy. We've known that he's exceeded
all these expectations being able to breathe and eat on his own, as
well as smile. These everyday things for most babies, were huge in our
eyes. Well, last week the neurologist here in Chicago was very surprised
at the progress Andrew has been making and all the milestone he's
reached given his medical history. He is right on for his adjusted age (5 mo) with visual tracking and fine motor. He told us that there is no reason he
shouldn't keep progressing and possibly even walk some day. As for
when....that's a tougher question to answer....who knows it could take a
very long time and it will take a lot of work and therapy. But he has
filled us with so much hope. Truly an answer to many many prayers and
the many priesthood blessings. I cried the entire way home from the
doctor. We have so much to be thankful for.
9 comments:
That is such great news!! He is one cute boy!! :)
Wow - what a miracle this little guy is. I can't believe the progress he's made considering his grim beginnings. What a warrior!! So happy for you guys - you just made my day with this post. Love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Chicago!! And congrats to your parents, too! How exciting to be headed out on such an adventure!!
Wow! What great news and what a special baby boy you have. I am so happy for you guys and will be sure to pass on the news to good ol' rocky mountain. We miss you!
That is wonderful news!! He looks so happy and healthy! I really love this picture of him studying his brother Ethan.
I loved this post! :)
What great news!!! He sure is a cutie!! :)
Such great news! Love the picture in his Y shirt :)
What wonderful news for you and Stephen. The pictures are very cute!
That news is fantastic! Heavenly Father really is wonderful. :-)
And I cannot get enough of that pic of Andrew looking at Ethan and studying it. Wow. Incredible!
Post a Comment