3.03.2011

New Skills???

So for Christmas this year, I got a sewing machine. I've sewed a bit in the past...but I must say that I'm pretty rusty.  I've pulled it out a few times and tried to figure out how to use the new machine. I'm not too crafty of a person, although I'd like to be someday. Maybe this gift will help get me there. :) So I decided to bust out some sewing skills for Valentines Day. I found these on some website (I wish I remembered where). But it was sooo easy, with just some wax paper, red thread and candy. They turned out darling. I made some candy valentine's for my nieces and nephews. They thought it was fun to rip them open and eat the treats. They loved them so much, I attempted to make 16 of them for my kids at school. I think they turned out great! It's not much, but I would have to say that was way more crafty than I've ever been.

No comments: