12.12.2010

Our Christmas Secret!!!

Okay...so the secret is slowly leaking out. We've been anxiously waiting to tell and we wanted to show a little proof because of the looks on most people's face when we tell them that.......

we're expecting twins!!! 

Our little family of two will double in size coming this June.  We've known for about a month or so that there are actually two little ones instead of just one, and it seems as though we need to start saying something...because it's getting awfully hard to hide the little belly that is starting to show.  Here's the amazing picture from our ultrasound this last week. If you are like me these black and white images are so hard to look at. You can see one of the babies in the lower right as a profile view with it's head and little hand. The other is much harder and is in the upper left-hand side.  You can only see the top of the head, but clearly each black spot shows there are two different amniotic sacs. We were able to hear both of their heartbeats, which was amazing to see.

Here's a few answers to some of the questions we're being asked when people find out.
---No, they are not identical...hence being in two different sacs.
---Yes, twins run in my family, but coincidentally that's not how these little ones came to be. 
---No, I have not been twice as sick, THANK GOODNESS! In fact, I feel very blessed that I only have felt nauseous in the evenings and even then...not every night.  I have felt more tired than anything and want to crash almost everyday, when I get home from work.

We were able to get our Christmas wish a few months early this year!!! It's been a long hard road and many years to get to this point, but we're are sure grateful for these two little miracles that will soon bless our lives! I have a very strong testimony that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us and is very involved in our lives each day.

Merry Christmas!!!

23 comments:

Camille said...

OH MY GOSH- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I am so super, super excited for you! What a fun Christmas surprise! Good luck!!! I think it's so fun that they will look different too. Can't wait to hear if you're going to have one of each or not. How exciting!!! Love, Camille

Preds Girl said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you!

Carissa Briggs said...

I am just so happy for you two I can hardly stand it! This is so wonderful and you will be wonderful parents!

Four Winns said...

Way to go! Just thinking about having twins just scares me to death. Sleep in every day that you can until your adorable alarm clocks arrive. You'll love it :o) Congrats!

lynsey said...

hooray!!! congratulations emily, i am so happy for you!

and my husband is a big cheerleader for twins since he is one. :) he keeps hoping we somehow end up with them...my only fear is that i'm so short i would have to be rolled up and down the stairs toward the end of the pregnancy!

i'm glad to hear you haven't been too sick, that's another blessing. just take care of yourself and congrats again! you're going to be an AMAZING mom and twins are going to be so much fun!

Jenn said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!

I always think of a scripture in Zechariah 9:12 when someone who has waited so long is twice blessed: "Turn you to the stronghold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee..."

You certianly are getting double the blessings with two little ones! It couldn't happen to a better person. Thanks for sharing your great news!

Zoccoli said...

Stephen and Emily.. we are so excited.. this is thrilling ...twins ? just like me and my wife ? not identical... this is awesome !

2darlingbabies said...

I am so excited!! I bet we'll be having babies about the same time!! The fun part is they will get to play together :) YEA!!!!

Mesia said...

Oh Emily! So happy to receive this email!! I can imagine how you both must feel about this wonderful gift! Congratulations and please keep in posted how things progress with them.

Suzanne Lineberry said...

CONGRATS! Such great news! I can definately understand the long road to pregnancy. When are they due? I just over 3 months and am still tired alllll the time.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, we are very excited for you. Good luck with your pregnancy, from the Holts, Adam and Christine

Sher said...

HOORAY FOR TWINS!!!!!! That's so exciting - so, SO happy for you!!! Especially glad that you're not feeling twice as sick - that's a huge blessing! Congrats, so excited for your family!!!

Stacey said...

Oh, my goodness-TWINS! Congratulations!!! I wish you all the best with the 6 or so months left to go!!

Deah said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

SeelyFamily said...

HOORAY!!! What exciting news! I am so happy for you guys...and TWINS!!! Twice the fun! :) I am glad you are feeling good. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear updates! :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you. You will be incredible parents and these two little babies are very lucky to come to your family.

Rachlen said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!! Hooray for children!!

Vicki said...

Wow, I had no idea you were expecting! And with twins! I hope I am blessed with that someday... even with just one. Congratulations!!

Becca said...

Congratulatons! Brent & I are so happy and excited for you. Our baby is two weeks old today and I can't imagine having twins. But I know you will be a great mom. - Becca

Megan said...

I'm so excited for you Emily! What a Christmas blessing, one you'll never forget:) Merry Christmas old roomie, I'm so glad I got to know you all those years ago! Best wishes and I'll keeP checking back for twin updates!

Melanie said...

That's the best news!! We are THRILLED for you!

Anonymous said...

Em
That is so awesome! Yes, the Lord does know each of us and what is best for us. I echo Annie's comment. Sleep now as much as you can. Merry Christmas!
Debbie

Adam and Christine said...

Congrats. Adam told me a couple of weeks ago, I have just been behind on getting a comment on here. You will be a wonderful mother.