10.26.2010

Freeky Friday Night

So just for the record...Tarantulas live in Utah.....right close to our house. Stephen and I decided to go for a little fall hike up to the "G" in Pleasant Grove. It was a warm fall Friday afternoon a few weeks ago and we headed up the mountain. We had just started out on the trail, when I came so close to stepping on this!

I couldn't believe it! I jumped and screamed. Then when Stephen saw it he jumped and screamed. After we realized what it was, we were very fascinated by how gigantic this wild spider was. Yes, I hate spiders and little ones I can step on and kill. But how would you get rid of this huge thing? It was roughly the size of a doughnut. I shudder at the very thought.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That just makes me want to hide in bed. Yucky! I'm glad you survived!
On another note, the trip to Texas looks like lots of fun. :)