Last Sunday was my birthday...and yes I'm now the ripe old age of 30. I think somewhere along the way I've miscounted. I certainly don't feel old enough to be entering a new decade. However, it was a nice and relaxing day. We took naps and had family over to our house for dessert. (I've decided that I really love having a birthday land on Sunday!) We really did most of our celebrating when we were in New York the week before. It was a wonderful day and I couldn't have asked for more.
Here are some of my most memorable top 30 things I've been able to see or do in my last 30 years!
- Married my best friend
- Earned my B.S. Degree in Special Education at Utah State University- Go Aggies!!!
- Taught in 3 different school the past 7 years
- During those 7 years, I've been able to associate with some amazing people (kids, parents, and colleagues)
- Learned to play the guitar
- Snorkeled with Sea Turtles in Hawaii
- Started blogging. (Just another crazy addiction)
- Saw the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace in London
- Received the Crystal Apple Teaching Award
- Had surgery on my knee followed by 6 months of therapy
- Started running...and still love it!
- Raced in over ten 5K or 10K races the past 4 years
- Sailed in the Caribbean on a catamaran sailboat.
- Went to my 10 year high school reunion
- Became a big fan of the T.V. show "The Office"
- Went to 4 different Olympic Events in SLC 2002 games
- Volunteered as a coach for the USU Special Olympics basketball team
- Saw the musical "Wicked"
- Swam through some jellyfish :) (This was purely by accident!)
- Flew in a small 2-seater airplane just me and my hubby
- Was able to take over the controls and fly that small airplane myself high over the mountains
- Been scuba diving
- Became a True Aggie! :)
- Received my ELL teaching endorsement
- Saw the Eiffel Tower and ate delicious pastries in Paris
- Swam in the great lakes...brrrrr it was freezing
- Lived in 5 different cities all within the great state of UTAH!
- Put in our own backyard...cement and all
- Harvested vegetables from my very own garden
- Bought my first home
Thanks for all the birthday wishes from all my family and friends!
6 comments:
Wow, that's a great list! You've done some pretty amazing things! Hope you had a great birthday!!
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. I would love to do lots of those things you have listed! Gotta find our money tree first. ;)
Happy belated birthday from me as well! Wow, you've done a lot of stuff! :-)
Happy Birthday Em! Just imagine how many more fun things you get to do in the next 30! ;)
It was fun seeing you on your birthday! Thanks for letting us stop by. You are a wonderful sister and we love you very much!
Wow, your 30 years looks a lot more impressive than my 30 years. Happy Birthday! I guess I can live vicariously though your next 30. Ha ha.
Post a Comment